Found a BMW hard bag west of Denver, Colorado - Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum
Go Back   Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum > General Forum > KLR & Other Motorcycle Related Discussion

KLR & Other Motorcycle Related Discussion Grab a seat and discuss whatever you like about the KLR or other related topics. Within reason.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Recruit

Default Found a BMW hard bag west of Denver, Colorado

While driving on I-70 this afternoon about 40 miles west of Denver I saw and picked up a BMW hard saddle bag.

I want to get it back to its owner. There are no identifying marks on it. It is locked and I can't get it open.

Anybody loose a side case?

What are the forums I should post in to find the owner?

I will post to advrider, what others?

Thanks.
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 05:39 AM
Flight Officer

Probably nothing in it but an expresso machine and a bottle of whaleforeskin cleaner.

VAC
Old 07-21-2012, 06:30 AM
General

My riding buddy lost one of his last weekend.. He lost shoes, Rokstraps, a soldering iron, and a few other items.. Unfortunately we know he lost it in Southwestern Wis..

Anyway, put it on ADV in the Regional forums. I'll post a link to here on the BMWMOA forum. Also call the county police and just tell them you found the saddlebag in case he calls them.

I could have it opened in about 2 minutes, but it takes a BMW key to do it, depending on the bag type and key type.

If you could, post a photo of the bag. That way I'd have a good idea what it came from.. A bag from an LT or RT is less likely to be an ADV guy.

Thanks, and this is why I HAVE TO etch name and address on my saddlebags on my bikes..
Old 07-21-2012, 06:47 AM
General

I listed it on the BMWMOA forum for Colorado, and also passed the info onto one of the most helpful people I know, who also happens to be at the BMWMOA National Rally going on this weekend..
If you found it yesterday there's a chance it could be from someone headed to the Rally in central MO.

I'll send you my email address. Since you have less than 15 posts you can't post a photo yet, but I can put it up for you.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Recruit

Default Owner found

I found the owner. Details to follow.

Thanks for your help.
Jim
Old 08-06-2012, 06:20 AM
General

Excellent!!

This weekend, while attending the Wisconsin Guzzi Rally someone brought in a BMW bag they had found.. 2 hours later the owner of the bag arrived after searching for 2 hours..

The bag contained exactly what he said.. 2 dirty socks, one dirty shirt, and a pair of used underwear..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement