Klr Or Dual Sport Mags Out There - Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum
Go Back   Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum > General Forum > KLR & Other Motorcycle Related Discussion

KLR & Other Motorcycle Related Discussion Grab a seat and discuss whatever you like about the KLR or other related topics. Within reason.

Old 12-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Flight Cadet

Default Klr Or Dual Sport Mags Out There

Does anyone know of a good dual sport or KLR magazine out there . I could use some good reading material on the john or when camping . Cycle world doesn't really cover what I'm looking for....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Commander

dual sport news

http://www.dualsportnews.com/

good reading,straight dual sport topics.Kinda pricey at 25 a year for 6 issues,but good articles to a specific sport
---------------
What could possibly happen
---------------
05 KLR The faster Red one
01 Triumph Tiger Sold
08 KTM 990 Adv S
08 Yamaha 250 WR Sold
09 KTM 530 EXC
Old 12-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Flight Cadet

Default dual sport news

Thanks for the info , seems to be decent, I'll try it for a year.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Recruit

there is also a mag called Road Runner Motorcycle Touring and Travel.
www.roadrunner.travel
it is pretty good alot of street touring but also has some adv stuff i find it to be worth the subscription.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Major

A friend of mine writes for these guys:

http://www.overlandjournal.com/

He does his stories from his DR650. They're trying to get the motorcycle side of the mag going as they're mostly a Rover style of mag. You can buy individual issues online that interest you...they are too pricey for me to subscribe for a year.

This is the issue that has the article that Bob wrote:

https://www.overlandjournal.com/stor...3&cat=8&page=1

I ordered it around Christmas time and keep checking the mailbox.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Lieutenant

Default KLR Mags

When I first noticed this thread, I thought you were looking for MAG WHEELS for a KLR.!!!

Wow, am I slow...... and then a again, Mags on a KLR might look nice.... ""kind of a get dressed up for a Friday night out on the town look !!!!""

Sorry for the outburst, it's still early into the winter here and I am already suffering from with drawl.... no riding for two or three more months.

BackRoader
" in WinterPeg"
Old 01-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Flight Officer

I'm with you on the mag thing. I seen MAG and I got very interested fast. I jumped on it like a Spider Monkey.
You know the new KLR wheels have beefier spokes laced up in the wheels. I am not sure if the rims themselves are any stronger, but I know I would like to have a spare set mounted with some good dirt tires. Does anyone know it the wheels will swap out with my A13 (99) model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement