must do!!! mods for any klr - Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum
Go Back   Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum > KLR 650 > 1987 to 2007 Wrenching & Mods

1987 to 2007 Wrenching & Mods For maintaining, repair or modifications of Generation 1 KLR's. 2007 and earlier.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Recruit

Exclamation must do!!! mods for any klr

performance- for muffler i found the fmf q series works the best,air box mods and k&n airfilter a must.dont waste your money on stage three jet kits ,reshimming the needle .015 and going up one main jet size worked good for me using the stock pilot if you need to get your jetting bang on for your area i recomend using a stoich meter.( if any one is wondering have tryd flat slide carb 38mm but found over all to finicky).ignition- stock system in place but will be trying the new 08 klr cdi box.highly recomend decking the head with port and polish work well worth the time.for an exhaust header purchase the new 08 klr header and with very min. mods pipe looks and works great.far as weight and looks purchase the acerbis. dual head light assembley(lighting not the best but worth it for the weight loss and looks).far as other little mods narrowing the rear fender changed the look completely.for handle bars any pro taper or(fat bar) feels way better on the bike and looks great(if find vibration is an issue with any bars sand fill the bars and cap the ends with wine corks).now to the braking using a steel braided line brakes feel way! better. to improve your braking more try using some of the 08 brakeing components.for tires no matter how bad they look i highly recomend using the dunlop d607 tires.i do lots of road riding and logging road crusing i can scrap th pegs off on the cement but haul down the logging roads great !tire(not recommended in mud or snow).three klrs later this is what one produces.mods well worth the time. any other questions send me a message.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Recruit

"far as other little mods narrowing the rear fender changed the look completely."

I would love to change the rear fender to something better looking. Pictures? Ideas?
Old 06-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to efigalaxie

Ok, I will bite.
The muffler you suggest, how do you quantify the performance gain? Do you have dyne numbers or is it seat of the pants?

I would ask the same on the air and fuel system changes.

I have heard a lot of bad things about the K&N. What are your experiences?

I appreciate you sharing your experience, I simply want to know more.

And welcome to the forum!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Colonel

You guys do realize that this thread is well over three years old and the OP hasn't been on since then.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:41 AM
Sergeant First Class

Kind of like walking through a cemetery and reading headstones and wondering about the lives of those who lie beneath. Wonder what happened to the OP? A hundred scenarios come to mind.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to efigalaxie

SLO-KLR,
I had not even looked at the date. Thanks for a good laugh!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement