Posting Photos from a Photo Hosting Site - Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum
Go Back   Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum > General Forum > Introductions

Introductions Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:04 PM
General

Arrow Posting Photos from a Photo Hosting Site

To start this topic off, we are going to assume that you are somewhat knowledgable about the text editor and posting. We also assume that you have a place on the web where you store your photos....IE: Photo Bucket, My Net Images etc. If not, you will need one. Most are free and have a great deal of storage space for your images.

Thats the boring stuff.... now on to adding images toy our posts.

In this example we will be using PhotoBucket for the photo storage.

Step One

Using this method you are able to add as many images, to a single post, as you like. The first thing you need to do is go to your PhotoBucket account and decide what picture you need to add to your post. Above the photo you will see an EDIT button, click it and resize your photo to no more than 800x600. Once you have decided on your picture, you will see underneath it several links. You want to click on the DIRECT LINK and it will automatically copy to your clipboard, or you MAY need to highlight and copy, depending on your operating system.

Step Two

Go back to your post. On the text editor at the top right side you will see the Insert Image button... click it. Unlike this website, ours is the one of a mountain. You may get a line on top of your screen, asking for permission for scripted attachments, click yes, and then click the mountain button again.

Clicking it will bring up a popup script window. You must disable your popup blocker for this window to open. I hold down CTRL while clicking the button to allow the popup.... your blocker may be different to allow popups. Either way, you will end up with the Script Prompt box.

Right click in the white space and select PASTE. You should now have the url, that you copied out of photobucket, in the white space. If not... go back to the image in photobucket you wanted to use and recopy the DIRECT LINK again and repeat the above steps.

Assuming the url pasted into the script box..... go ahead and click OK on the Script Box. If you wait a second, the photo will appear in the text editor.

UPDATE - April 10, 2013

Another method which may be simpler and save a few mouse clicks is as follows.

On the right side of the PhotoBucket window of the picture you want to display is a box showing 4 "Image Links" options. To post a picture here you want to use the IMG Code option. Simply clicking it should copy the link to your clipboard for pasting in the forum document.

For this picture to appear,

this image code is pasted in the document,

It really is that simple.

To add more photos, make sure the blinking cursor in the text editor is below your current image and then repeat either of the above steps for each photo. Remember that the photo is going to paste wherever the blinking cursor is on the text editor page. You can click and drag the photos around once they are embedded, but that can get messy.

Thats It!! Any Questions... contact an Admin with a PM or post below.

Please remember.... some users do still use dial-up connections, so if you post many photos in one post, it will take them a VERY long time to load that page. I think we have all been there with dial-up at one time and we know the frustration.

Last edited by klr4evr; 04-10-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Lieutenant

This is Scooter,Thank you for the accurate desription for the pic posting proccess,I looked at the page,followed the steps,and boom it worked the first time I tried it,Awsome!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Flight Cadet

Thank you.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Lieutenant

I tried using these instructions to post an image. When I click on the "mountain" icon in the edit window to past my image location I get a "script error" message.

Any idea why?

thanks
Old 04-10-2013, 11:48 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to klr4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post
Step Two

You may get a line on top of your screen, asking for permission for scripted attachments, click yes, and then click the mountain button again.

Does it happen this way? What browser are you using?

I have revised the instructions to show another method. Try that. Are you using PhotoBucket?

"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

Last edited by klr4evr; 04-10-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement