Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

New in the stable

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  wnc/mtn=klr 
#1 ·
Wife decided she's been left behind one too many times when I go out riding. So she got a bike of her own. Still a Kawi. An 09 klx250s. Picked it up used with only 125 miles on her. Can't wait to get her out riding. Already swapped out the bars for a set of pro tapers in prep for some hand guards and got a decent set of grips on there as well. So far so good. Hopefully we can get some riding done this weekend.

See less See more
#2 ·

Looks like I better get my bike back together and return the Beemer to work tomorrow. I just don't have the garage space for all this.

#3 ·
hey,,,so how she like it= have you riden it ???
1st what do you normally ride???
2nd if when you ride th 250 klx=is it fun,big enough to pull adult male around--an if only riden small rabbit trails ,,,would thi be a good bike????

been looking at these for a bit now,,have two klr650= is a hand full(to say the least) on those smaller/low speed trails+ need smaller/lighter bike...........

so how would you rate klx for 200lb adult with some gear??????

#4 ·
I have ridden it. Only on road. We just picked it up last night. Not a highway bike by any means. It would keep me going about 60-70 but I don't think I would trust it any faster for any length of time. But it's only a 250 so it wasn't meant to do that anyway. It has plenty of pep. I enjoy riding it. There is a rack on the back of it so I plan on putting a tail bag back there. I don't see any reason it wouldn't be fun off road with a bit of gear. I'm 6-2 195 btw. I can fill you in as I ride it more.

#5 ·
Nice acquisition! My wife has expressed interest in riding the local county gravel roads with me, but after watching her try to master the 50cc scooter I got her to ride to work, I think I'll keep her best interests in mind and try to find her a 4-wheeler.

I like your Kawasaki flag, by the way.

#6 ·
Started doing a couple mods to the new bike. Put on an aftermarket front fender and some hand guards on it. Turning out nicely so far.

She got her permit yesterday night so today when I got off work we went out on her first ride. She did well. Ended up at a neighborhood dead end that turned into a trail. She said she was down for it so off we went. Turned out to be a nice local find. And it seemed to go on forever.

Some of it was fairly technical. I'm surprised how well she did. Went through like a champ. We didn't make it through with out a little get off though.

She picked it up all by herself and got going again. Got a little bruise on he ankle. It didn't scare her off though. She want to go back and explore the rest of it tomorrow. I couldn't be happier.

#8 ·
ya,,,cool
like to find woman that wants to ride!!!!!!!!!

fyi found street legal, 450 klx really want it now(need to sell one of my klr's)= for those smaller close to home trails too!!!!!
ok glad she enjoys,,,hope ya'll enjoy rideing together!!!!

an if you get to steal bike for bit, tell me how it rides on the small tight technical trails !!!! if you had back up back bike, for woods would this be the one,=or need bigger/more cc's??????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.