Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Forum appears odd in Opera

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  DaveC 
#1 ·
Hi folks. I've normally used the Opera browser to surf the forum, and it's worked fine until this week. As of Monday morning, the main forum tables are centered oddly. Here's a screenshot

As you can see, the tables do not span the width of the browser. Not sure if it's a bug in Opera (I've been using 9.02, the latest, for a while now), or if it's something with the forum. Interestingly enough, the page to post this note from is working fine.

I've tried clearing all of the caches and cookies, but nothing seems to help. It appears fine in Firefox, but it's a royal nuisance to switch browsers to view one site.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave C

See less See more
#4 ·
Are you still having trouble?

I have check all the tables and the table setting are correct. I am not familiar with the browser you are using, but I know there are issues some times with browsers other than IE. And even IE7 has problems from time to time.

#5 ·
Yup, the site is still pretty much unavailable to Opera users. I'll check their forums to see if there's something reported there that might apply here. Maybe it's just mis-interpreting a table width setting for some reason.

In the meantime, I'll just run two browsers (Firefox for this site, and Opera for everything else).

Thanks,
Dave C

#6 ·
I will go back through the header tables again, that seems to be where the problem starts, there could be a > or ] or } out of place in the code.

#7 ·
klr650 said:
I will go back through the header tables again, that seems to be where the problem starts, there could be a > or ] or } out of place in the code.
I took a look at the source (hope you don't mind), and found something odd in the table for the ads. I created a test table on my own machine, and was able to recreate the problem, and a potential fix. I'll PM you with the details.

Thanks,
Dave C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.