Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Battery fit problem

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Slaghammer 
#1 ·
Just got a Westco Battery 12V14L-B The height is about 1/8" taller than the stock battery and is just enough taller that the " L " plastic cover will not slide over the top. Kind of thinking I want to retain the cover to prevent the battery from bouncing up and down in the box. Question I have is does the Yuasa allow the use of the cover or should I not worry about ? Any input appreciated ! I've had very good results with Westco's.

#2 ·
I have the Westco and yeah, I could not put the cover on. I made a little bracket for the outside out of lexan (I actually formed it around a 2x4 with a heatgun to get the corners, perfect fit!)

I have heard that the Yuasa is an OEM fit.

#4 ·
I ordered a battery that was too big also, I made the cover out of sheet metal. Mine was big enough the I didn't have to worry about it bouncing up and down.
I would put something in there to keep it from bouncing, other wise it could wear a hole in it.

#8 ·
Will do. It's too bad because Westco's are a great battery. Hard to believe 1/8" would make that much difference re not allowing use if stock hold down " plate " Stock battery is still in good shape, just a PITA. I'll let my brother know what I want for Christmas... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.