This is not really strictly a KLR thing as the fix was on my F650 Funduro BMW but it sure is in the KLR spirit!
I found the fan badly out of balance and a close inspection revealed a broken blade:
A quick check of the interwebby and I discovered I could get a new one, fan, motor, mount and shroud for a mere $245. But all I needed was that cheap plastic bit at the
front, and being a tightarse and a KLR owner I decided to fix it.
I had some thickish aluminium lying around:
But first I did a bit of balancing:
Now I had a template:
Yep, that looks okay.
A bit of shaping:
Some glue and rivets:
The finished product.
Works just fine.