Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Thinking about hosting a KLR gathering

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  gunny 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I was asked by someone about hosting a KLR gathering here in upstate NY. I've got a great area to host it, lots of level wooded area for tents, room for a few rv's, access to lots of old farm roads and seasonal roads. Miles mountain isn't to far away and they have an 8 mile enduro loop for the more accomplished riders. I'm fairly centrally located as far as the east coast goes here in upstate NY. I'm easy to find and close to services. I would actually love to host an event here really. I think it would be great, sort of like that event up in Maine they have every year, or so I've heard over on ADV. Your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated, if there is enough interest, I'll start the planning.

#2 ·
There is one in PA every year also,(off the dsn site)

I have been to the southern most point in the US on the east side, and the west side, so I might as well head north a time or two. But it will have to be warm weather for me to head north.

Sounds like a good ideal, something like TDT, TDP, TDA,

#5 ·
Hey, a canadian invasion ! don't worry guys, it's always 10 degree's cooler in the summer up on that hill, almost always a good breeze, if not, grab your shorts and go down to the falls and cool off a little, of course that water is just above hockey quality in august :mrgreen:

#8 ·
Sure we can change tires. I could set up something so we have at least an awning to work under and even have a tech day and change some doo's. I'd like a set of those mefo's myself. I think for my use, they would be better than the D606's.

#9 ·
I am going to help arrange a Honda Rebel event in Helen Georgia the first weekend in may. Anyone on anybike is welcome, I am thinking of putting together a poker run (ghost riders welcome) for a the family of my cousin who has been in a coma since 1998 after hitting a loose cow in the road. Once I know the details of the event I will post it, I also plan to put together a KLR event in the future as well.

#10 ·
OK I'm planning the first and third weekends of May. (third is TDT) (tour de tellico)

My sister-inlaw bought a rebel a few months ago (had never riden a bike before she bought it) (and only a couple times after she took the MSC), but I'll try and get a foursome together to ride down for it. Hellen is an awesome place.

#11 ·
I'll keep you posted on the event as things unfold, I am going to be in helen one day this week. I am going to try and get a group rate at the hotel where our bike club stays twice a year there. Its in the infant stages of planning, but will post updates.

#13 ·
Well I got a nice mapping of the seasonal roads around the county today. A few are quite long. I've made arrangements for the camp site that can hold 60 to 80 tents and a few rv's. I've got a hot shower setup that will work. I plan on having a BBQ dinner for that Saturday night. Lunch will be on the road, I figure at Judy's, a nice little resturant that we can just plain take over ! The date is yet to be announced, but will be sometime in June on a weekend. early arrivals will be welcome, I'll be on site to do the meet and greet, set up markers so you can find the place. It will be easy to find, it's not far off the highway and close to facilities for fuel.

What I want to do is have t-shirts made for the event, I'm not trying to make any money on them, just cover the cost of having them made. My buddy whose property this will be on, his wife owns an embroidery and shirt store in town, so I'm sure I can get a deal on them. What I really want to do is take a picture from one of you with your KLR in a nice action shot and put that on a tshirt, the owner would get credit and a free shirt of course. The picture will be on the back, with KLR fest '07 on the front. So ..... post your gnarliest KLR picture and the boss, Mrs Gunny will be the decide who gets the honor of being on the first annual KLR fest.

#14 ·
The event date is June 15th, 16th and 17th, hot showers will be on site, a but rustic, but hot water is better than going down to the falls ! if your interested, PM me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.