I'm about ready to sell this thing although I really like the bike!!
New problem is that the bike does NOT want to make a turn!!! VERY SCARRY!!
Feels like the front tire is flat. Is worse at 35 MPH but get a little (lot) better with speed.
Things I've looked at:
1. Adjusted fork head bearings (were a little tight)
2. Replaced front wheel bearings although they were OK
3. Removed all plastic and fuel tank to check for a cracked or broken frame
4. Tightened the sub-frame bolts. The top two were a little loose.
5. Changed the front tire to one with less knobs
6. Swing arm feels tight as does the rear wheel.
7. Alignment of the wheels is good
8. Tried running different air pressure in tires
9. Checked all motor mounts for cracks and torque
The ONLY thing that is different than before is that I installed a new front rim cause the old one had a crack.
The rim is as true running as new and all the spokes are tight