I finally got my KLR legally on the road. Getting my license was the easy part. Since i'm vertically challenged I had to lower the beast down so i could touch the ground. I priced the lowering dog bones which weren't bad, but i had a hard time finding them in Canada. I ended up building my own in my shed at a cost of $0. I also had to shorten my kickstand as a result so i made a larger foot for stability. I am in the process of constructing an auxillary dash panel to house a clock and i may add some secondary signal indicators since i can't seem to remember to cancel my signals. In my head sits the plans for a new bolt on tail end that will replace the stock taillight with inexpensive LEDs and enable me to remove altogether the black fender extension that holds the plate. I will post pics soon of all my mods. I'm thinking of making the tail out of fiberglass so i can use the mold over for others who may want one. Last night as i was re-painting my exhaust shrouds i noticed that a little rubbing with steel wool brought the black back to the whole exhaust system, even the hot spot where it comes out of the head. Looks better than the baked on mud, rust color that it was before i started. Stay tuned!