Part selection for service?
Just got my KLR, an '02 o.d. green with 5,600 miles. Before riding it alot I want to do some service and would like to have feedback on the part to use:
1) BRAKE PADS, I know some say braided lines are needed, others say relocate cailpers and bigger disc. I want to try good pads first, go from there if they don't get the job done.
2) OIL & FILTER, I am aware from being on other forums as a member (Harley, BMW) that this can be a can of worms. Basically what I'm looking for is dino or synthetic and which brand and weight.
3) SPARK PLUG, Which one and why.
4) REAR LIGHT, LEDS? or ???? Has anyone wired the turn signals to go on with the brake light?? This was popular at the time I got my Harley, sure draws attention from behind for safety.
5) VIBRATION DAMPNERS, either just for the mirrors ( I have seen several kinds) or for the handlebars which I image would effect the mirrors as well?
Thanks for any feedback you can provide. FYI riding will be streets, some highway and some dirt, I'm in SoCal (hot weather) and weigh 250. Thanks!