Routine stuff DONE to address improvement opportunities:
- EM Doohickey with Torsion spring
- Upgraded balancer sprockets to post '97 versions
- Upgraded fuses to ATO waterproof style
- T-mod on carb vent hose
- ProTaper bars (ATV High) with ProGel grips
- Cycra handguards (put the OEM hand guards into storage so they don't get scratched up)
- Oil and filter change
- Uni air filter upgrade
- Coolant rinse and replace
- Taller OEM kawasaki windshield
- Bypassed sidestand switch
- Lubed chain
Still need to adjust valves and change out brakefluid (hey, bike is 25 years old).
Brakes and suspension are still stock, but I will likely spring for the 320mm rotor and SV caliper with SS brakelines.
Front tire is that OEM Dunlop and the rear is Avon Gripster - I never learned to like either of those, so will shop for some Shinko 705s since they've served me well for commuter duty.
I wailed on my first one pretty hard and she was showing some signs of abuse. Alas, clean OEM parts for pretty bikes are getting very hard to find. I do have a set of engine guards that need painting before installation. That should protect tank/shrouds and maybe the side panels.
Then of course LED brake/tail and maybe a JNS headlight, and then ...