I finally got the garage sorted so I could get the KLR on the lift and start treating the warts.
Even though I had the camera at hand, once I get to work I rarely stop to take pics.
The first job was to replace the OEM rubber covered pegs as the rubber on both were ripped and torn.
I found a pair of '06 Suzuki DR650 pegs on Ebay for less than the price of a new OEM rubber peg.
The installation was very straight forward....I drilled out the KLR pivot hole to 25/64
so it would accept the Suzuki pivot pin, and took the die grinder to the rear of the
KLR clevis to allow the Suzuki peg to have a full range of pivot travel.
Although it was colder than I like, I hit the garage today to cure the "loweritis" caused by the
DualStar dog bones. The Dual Star bits, although nicely CNC'd billet aircraft aluminum, have bolt hole centers 5.5" apart.
This equates to a 1.5" lower rear ride height......I prefer stock ride height, so I found a pair of cheep OEM dog bones
on Ebay that have bolt hole centers 5" apart.
Swapping the dog bones went quickly and while apart I greased the pivot bearings.