Finally got around to pulling the beast apart to wire in a few new Power outlets and a voltage gauge.
A few shots with details:
Stripped her down until she was naked. What a primitive looking bike without her cloths on.
I ran an inline fuse from the batery into a relay. I spliced into a brown wire to power the coil (brown wire = powered only with ignition on). I ran the power out of the relay all the way up to the front fairing and broke it off into three leads, one for each of the two 12 volt outlets and one for the voltage gauge. I found a nice conductive place on the frame to mount the ground wires for the accessories.
I picked up all the components from Amazon. Finding a decent location to install them wasn't easy. There just aren't too choices. I ended up cutting into the plastics to mount them. I hated altering them, but there wasn't much choice. I think the voltage gauge matches the original gauges pretty well.
This project took me the best part of the day to complete. Having to remove and reinstall all of the guards, the tank and plastics was a chore and took at least half of the time. The voltage meter works well, it does bounce a little when I get on it, but I believe it's because It's reading the voltage directly from the battery. Plus it was a relatively cheap gauge.
So far pretty happy with the install.