+ 1, Aron31!
A most misunderstood compound; many think of dielectric grease as a CONDUCTOR, when in fact, the stuff has the properties of a NON-CONDUCTOR.
Dielectric grease helps prevent corrosion and contamination of existing metal-to-metal electrical connections, without providing alternate current paths.
So, planalp, don't think copious quantities would likely hurt anything, but--may not be entirely necessary to maintain reliable, low-resistance connections. A continuous, visible film oughta do it, IMHO.
My opinion only, corrections and clarifications welcomed! (Think I once looked up "dielectric," and had my notion corroborated, either correctly or incorrectly.)