Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Fork seal puzzled

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  justjeff 
#1 ·
Have 06 klr the left fork seal was leaking so got all the information need to do this job. I totally broke down the forks cleaned all the parts with transmission fluid and wiped it down with the blue automotive paper towels to clean all old dirty film that was on the parts.then replaced with all new fork oil. So i get this back together and i did both sides even though the right was not leaking.did a 20 mile test drive came back and all was fine checked it this morning and that left one was leaking again.how sensitive are these seals when they are put on.I did like the clymer book said and put plastic wrap on the the end of the tube and put put fork oil all over it.also used a tool to push the seal in. I did the same thing i did with the right fork .could it be to much pressure bulid up on that fork and that the left is the way the bike leans when on its kick stand. What puzzles me it did not leak till much later on after the ride and was parked no different then it is now.is there anything i can do other then taking all apart again and buying a new seal.also would i have relace the dust seal again to?

#3 ·
+1 Stew!
Also it doesn't take but a grain of dirt between the seal and tube to cause a leak as well. Things must be very clean during assembly!
Regards....justjeff

P.S. Welcome to the Forum AKklrmann!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.