Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Brought the WEE home today!!

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  KayLR 
#1 ·
Well, it warmed up to the high 70's today so Mike and I went to Big 4 to pick up my new WEE-Strom--and bring it home---but not before I did 122 miles on it---It is WEEEEEEEElicious----smooth -and oh my, the power---you know that old commercial--"Wheres the Beef?"---answer---in every gear baby -every gear!!! I did make sure I came home before it got dark--wouldn't want to worry ol Mikey!!! But I am anxious to try out those headlights.:) No, I didn't get any pics yet and it is supposed to rain tommorrow:( I hope my KLR doesn't mind being parked by it eventually--we did separate them tonight-KLR is in the basement and the wee is in the barn-we'll let them meet each other outside in the daylight with some room so they don't kick at each other--I'm sure they will come to an understanding!:) I'll love them both equally -like a good mother should:) :) :) Maybe some pics later this week. Kay

#4 · (Edited)
Yea, it amazes me that they sell that bike touting it as a dual sport with those tires--whew--after all that ice we had in the field and it melting away--it was a bit SQUIRRELLY gettin to the barn tonite with it--it was a fish tailing around in the mud--50-50 somethings are definitely are in order.

Posted by Treeman
I take it that is not much chance of "Buyers Remorse" huh? :D

I'm glad you like it

BTW, How is your son?

Yes, I like it:) -no remorse here-Mike hasn't ridden it yet--I didn't give him much of a chance since I didn't get home till almost dark and that's a bad time for deer too--so maybe one day this week if it doesn't rain. I take it you are talking about the son that's home from the navy?? He is just chillin for now and enjoying some down time. Maybe some classes in the future -chemical operators and an instrument tech class. He's got some time to mull it over. He's staying busy--has helped Mike hang drywall in the dining room-I got that finished and painted and now they are working on getting the upstairs bathroom in. Great to have an extra hand around....:) Kay .................I need to figure out how to post to multiple quotes on here..

#5 ·
Kay, glad to hear you like the Wee. I was going to buy one and actually found an 06 that was left over, for like 700 off retail(a pretty sucky deal actually). Fortunately i didnt go for it, the KLR has been in my heart since i was 12 and i always dreamed of having one, and also the Wee just seemed too babied to me. The low fender and digital gauge display just wasnt me. But i think you'll enjoy it for the road and will probably be a keeper based on looks.

Just like bringing home a new dog, eventually the excitement will where and you'll begin to give both bikes equal attention.

#6 ·
I had a hard time saying no to a Wee-Strom when I went bike shopping recently after selling my old tour bike (Voyager). In the end I decided the KLR has been a perfect all around bike for me so I'm keeping it as my only ride for a while.

That Wee would make a great companion piece to the KLR though.

#7 ·
Well, since this IS a KLR site I'm just going to say this:

While I've always flirted with the idea of replacing my KLR with a Strom someday, I have to say that this weekend I rode railroad tracks for miles and miles. There is NO WAY I would have done that with a Strom! Heck, I thought my A14 was going to fall apart a few times(imagine the beating a strom would have taken on those railroad ties at 15-20 mph for 30 minutes straight.)

So YES, IMO I would love a Strom too, but it's no REPLACEMENT for the all mighty KLR. (and I don't want BOTH bikes because I'll never know which one to take that day:mad0235:)

#8 · (Edited)
(imagine the beating a strom would have taken on those railroad ties at 15-20 mph for 30 minutes straight)
Imagine the beating your body would have taken.. The Strom rides pretty rought compared to the KLR. I recently bought an '05 Wee, but I'm already thinking about replacing it with the new '08 KLR (when it comes out) and turning it into a Motard. ;)

New pipe, new intake, new seat, new bars, and a pair of 17" rims laced to the stock hubs.

-T

#11 ·
Oh my gosh--riding the wee alot this week --80 some degrees today--WEEE
I love this bike----everything--the clock:) the gas gauge:) the smoothness:) the power:) the absolutely no vibration mirrors:) the manuverablity and handling:) yes,those headlights:) did I say I love this bike!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) got almost 400 miles on it--took it to my sons baseball game this evening and then to the grocery store(my revpak fits it fine)packed 50.00 worth of groceries in it and came home--------Did I mention I love this bike!!! My KLR isn't just sitting :ashamed0001: -been riding it too-I'll ride it when we have our spring fling. I love my KLR but that WEE just does something to me-can't help it-I love it.
Funny note-so far everyone that has seen it has thought it was a BMW-----HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.