Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Best tire for 50/50 pavel - gravel

15K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  UncleWray 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone!!!
Could you send me some advice to pick the best 50/50 tire for my KLR650.
Thank you in advance!!!
Kick-e

#5 ·
Tire

I vote for Duro HF904 (Rear) & HF903 (Front)
60 / 40 Road / Dirt

#6 · (Edited)
I also enjoy the k60 on my klr I went up a size for better wearing and I liked the new tread design on the 140 better ..

#10 ·
I've always been a Michelin fan! I"m running Michelin SIRAC"s front & rear. I can't tell you just how good my bike feels on the road, the grip is fantastic giving me so much more confidence into bends, especially when loaded. They are quiet and have out lasted the original Dunlops by a factor or 2. They also wear better, no feathering on the front and much less flat spotting on the rear. (Note:I have changed my riding style a bit to help reduce the fronts feathering, I was told it was due to being to heavy on the front brake!) No problems on the rough stuff, very stable.
I know this probably reads like a paid advertisement for Michelin but I would not spend this kind of money (Front & Rear AU $310 fitted) if I was not completely happy. Yes that's expensive but when it comes to my safety my Michies tick all the boxes. Safe Riding...Cheers from Australia!!!

#11 ·
I have new kenda 270 installed by the PO. I didn't like them on the road much at the stock tire pressures of 22f 22 r. They were scary squirmy when leaned over. Much better at 34/32. Still have more wander on rain grooves than my other bike but not unsettling. They do as well on gravel as I can do. Hope that helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.