Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum - View Single Post - My BC Adventure - Not for Bandwidth Impaired
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 06-16-2007, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
klr4evr

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to klr4evr
My BC Adventure - Not for Bandwidth Impaired

Just returned from a five day trip into the province of British Columbia, Canada. It sure was hard getting home to straight roads. Had a fantastic time and BC truly is beautiful.

Day 1 - Loaded up for the 800 km. haul from home in Alberta to BC.

Day 2 - Unloaded and getting ready to ride.

Shelter Bay to Galena Ferry.

End of the pavement.

The road ahead. Heading to Trout Lake.

Taking a rest.

Takes your breath away.

My son checking the view.

Water crossing required.

Where we came from.

Road followed Trout Lake to Gerrard where it then ran parallel to the Lardeau River. The day was very hot and with full gear we stopped at the south end of the lake, shed our gear and had a dip in the lake to cool down. We eventually got back onto pavement* and took Highway 31 to Kaslo where we spent the night.

Day 3. We left Kaslo and headed to Ainsworth to relax at the Hot Springs. Great time of year to go as there were maybe a couple dozen people in the pool.

From there we went into Nelson for a bite to eat and to visit with another CBX owner friend from days past. From there we headed back north and then west on the Six Mile Lake Road.

Absolutely stunning!!

The road ran parallel to the lake and eventually we got on the Lemon Creek Road.

Once we got back on the highway we headed north to New Denver where we had supper and then back to Kaslo for the night.

Day 4. Had us leaving Kaslo with a destination of Lumby. This was mostly a highway ride. It was a little cooler with showers. We made a stop and visited the Sandon Ghost Town. Very interesting spot that I would like to spend some more time in.

From Sandon it was a scenic ride toward Lumby. We got off the main highway and headed to Mabel Lake to check out the road we planned to get back on in the morning. Looked fine and the Provincial Park at Mabel Lake was magnificent.

Day 5. From Lumby we headed back to Mabel Lake and took the Mabel Lake road back to Three Valley Gap. Beautiful ride.

I took almost 300 pictures so this is just a sampling. All in all a fantastic trip with no mishaps or problems. Couldn't have asked for a better vacation.

My Kaw Barn - 2004 KLR, 2006 Concours (sold), 1997 Bayou 400.

"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

<--- Please fill in the 'Location' on your personal profile page. User CP/Edit Your Details

This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome