Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

corbin seat

7K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  karl 
#1 ·
Considering the purchase of a corbin seat..the flat one..wheres the best place to purchase?

#3 ·
Just remember, Corbin WILL NOT stand behind their products. Buyer Beware!!

Years ago, after spending money I didn't have on a seat from Corbin, I waited 4 months for it to show up and 3 weeks after installing a very bad fitting seat, the stitching started to come apart.

They wanted over $100 to repair a seat that was crap to begin with.

When I contacted Mike Corbin about the issue, I got a letter from his brother basically telling me that it was tough, and not their problem.

Corbin will never see one thin dime of my money, ever again.

There's better seats out there for the same or slightly more money and with better quality and customer service.

Just my 2 cents worth.

#4 ·
Woo

Hate to give good money away to companies like that..what are the options..read about this dude...Dr. Lee at the recovery room...what a handle...from reviews sounds like he makes a good seat.he is somewhere in British Columbia...any help getting a number greatly appreciated...and any other seats..thanks:63a:

#6 ·
I went to the Corbin store in Daytona and ordered my seat in person. I had it shipped to my house. Seems like it took about a month and I have had it for 4 yrs. with no problems. I got the black perforated leather with a grey welt to match the frame. looks good on the bike. I mainly got it to lower the seat an inch and it does. Be aware, it is hard as a rock, but pretty comfortable. The stock seat is too soft.
I have heard other horror stories about customer service from Corbin, but my experience was all good.

#7 ·
You've summed up everything I've heard and personally known about Corbin.

For some reason, if you walk in and deal with them in person, it's a great experience.

If you're doing mail order, I know more people who've had bad luck with them than I do who've had good luck.

I can understand the occasional bad apple getting out, but to then treat that same customer with the utmost in disrepect is completely uncalled for.

I don't have very many companies that I won't purchase from, but Corbin's on top of the list. My treatment by them in both goods and customer service was the worst I've ever had, and I personally know dozens of others who've had the same.

The Travelcade seat on my KLR is comfortable and very good looking. With a sheepskin, I've travelled over 500 miles in a day in complete comfort, only to do it again the next day. That seat was just a touch over $100 and took me 45 minutes to install on my seat pan.

I've considered a seat from Russell for this bike, but I'm happy with the comfort of the Travelcade.

I learned a long time ago that if your butt is comfortable, you're thinking about riding, rather than much you can't wait to get to the next location so you can get off the bike and make your ass feel better. I'd rather think about riding and the riding experience, than think about how I can't wait to get off of this motorcycle..

I was thinking about my stock KLR seat the other day. I purchased the bike, and decided to ride 40 miles to my favorite Kawasaki dealer to purhase a couple oil filters. I made it halfway to the dealership before I had decided to get a different seat..

#8 ·
I called Corbin in February and spoke to someone about ordering a dished seat for my 2000 KLR. They told me it would take 3 months to make and ship out. I was'nt in a hurry so I ordered it expecting to have it before fall and it came in after 6 weeks. The only problem I had was I ordered it without welts and it came with them. I called them to thank them for the speedy delivery and they said if I paid to send it to them I would get another one sent to me without welts no extra charge. It fit perfect and was so much more comfortable than stock I kept it. I am very happy with my purchase. Customer service seemed to be good in my experience. I could have gotten lucky and called at the right time. The only company I've had problems with is dualstar. I probably called them around 100 times to try to order parts and have never spoke to anyone. I will never call them again.

#9 ·
I bought mine (dished) directly from Corbin.com but TPI has the best online price that I've seen. The website said it could take up to a month to have it custom made to my bike and inseam but I received it in less than two weeks! It fit perfectly (took a little effort) but is much better than stock. The only thing is you have to reroute the fuel tank vent line because the front tab on the seat fits in a slightly lower area than the stock seat. It took all of about three minutes to do. Super easy! Good luck.

#10 ·
Ordered mine from here...

http://renazco.com/

Ordered it last month. my build date is the week of December 3rd. I have heard nothing but good things about this guy. He spent about an hour with me asking all sorts of questions, and explaining the whole "ergonomics" thing to me. I know that Larryboy has one on his Husky, and likes it.

My $.02

Take care

MB4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.