Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

N00B from Tacoma, Wa!~

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  campfire 
#1 ·
Greetings!
I may be new to this forum, but I subscribe to 4 or 5 different forums. I came here because I'm about to buy my first KLR! Currently I also ride a FJR and a Wee-Strom. The KLR will allow me to get to the places that the Wee just can't manage well. So I'll be looking for mod ideas as well as paint ideas for my Barbie bike.

Cheers!
Jeff

#3 ·

Jigsawman: Welcome to our little corner of the Net, the home of the world's most dedicated KLR 650 owners.

Reading is fun, but being involved is way better! Make us your online KLR 650 source.

Share your views, spread the word and bring your friends.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your KLR. You'll be able to show it off once you have 15 forum posts behind you.

Enjoy.

#5 ·
Get the 2014 New Addition ! Then get swmotech crash bars from Twisted Throttle because you WILL lay it down. Bike Master tube repair kit and tuck it in the left fairing. Spare clutch/throttle cables and run them so their ready to go. Move the fuses from under the seat over to the left side rear fairing. Tape some spare fuses inside the fuse housing on the left side. Toss the kickstand interlock switch. Genius battery tender, run the plug down the outside frame on the left. Put the jumpers that come with it in the front right fairing. Taller wind screen. I'm a little north of you up in the Maple Valley area.

#7 ·
Greetings! ----/////----- So I'll be looking for mod ideas as well as paint ideas for my Barbie bike.

Cheers!
Jeff
"Ya'all aint been round here too much have ya? :27a:

Just kidding........... Well, get a comfortable chair and do a search for;

Doo Hickey
Best tires
Fork brace
Crash bars
Skid plate
Fender
Air box
Seat
Free Power
.02 Mod
Carburetor slide mod
Fork oil
springs
Snorkel
Pegs
ThermoBob
Worst tires
Big bore kit , i.e. 685, 705
Tank bag
Tail bag
Luggage
Racks
LED Tail Light
:fiddler::35a::50: Yeah Baby, strike up the band!

But actually, a sincere welcome aboard. I've had mine almost four years and it's almost done. :lala:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.