Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Anyone recognize this bike?

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  wh4tig0t 
#1 ·
Ok this is my first post in this forum. I'm looking for a first bike and I'm starting to like what I hear about KLR's. I'm looking for something cheap, but I'm willing to trade cosmetics for reliability.

I spotted this bike at my local Kawasaki dealership, its a 99 with 59000 miles. On the website they say $2450, the guy said $2100 in person. I think they are smoking crack, cosmetically it looks terrible (not that i care that much) But does anyone recognize this bike? The guy said the previous owner rode it to tiera del fuego. How much would you all pay for it just off this picture? The front tire looks like its needing replacement, so i may try to work a new one iin to a deal if they won't budge as much on the price I want. BTW this is in Universal City Texas.

Sorry for the big pic, but it shows some detail

See less See more
#2 ·
If you are in Texas, you should give this one a good look, well, well worth the money. And it is already farkeled up to the hilt. What you don't want on the bike you could resell and make some money back.
http://www.klrforum.com/showthread.php?t=3714

#4 ·
Search craigslist san antonio for "KLR 650". There's several currently listed that look pretty good. Also one on the austin list. Nothing in corpus but a neat looking KLR 250 for $1495.

No way I'd touch that high mile 650 for more than a couple hundred bucks.

#10 ·
Awesome deal on the bike, the first one at the stealership was a joke compared to what you have now. You should take your new one to the dealer and ask if his is worth 2100 if yours is worth 12,500. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.