View Single Post
post #4 of Old 08-02-2014, 08:17 PM
larry31
4th Gear

links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynes57 View Post
Hey everyone,
I have a 2013 KLR 650 and was wondering if anyone has any pictures of a KLR 650 with these raising links installed. I`ve googled but all I get is pictures of the links itself, I am thinking about buying these links but I would like to know how the bike looks once there installed and how much taller the bike is, im not to worried about the height increase seeing that im 6`1.

Pictures and thoughts please!
I can't help on "Raising" links, but I did just install a set of EM lowering links.
They were advertised as lowering 1 1/4".
I measured my seat height before, by placing a level across the lowest part of my seat, with bike upright. Then I measured in same way after installing the links. The difference, measured, was just 1". Pretty close accounting for measuring errors, placement of the level, etc.
I would expect your seat to change by a similar amount as the links you installed.
( The links should be listed as to how much they raise the bike. That is how much the seat would probably rise. )
The bike would most likely lean more with the different links.

I had to shorten my side stand. To see how much I needed to take off the stand, I put the bike on pieces of 5/8" board. ( A piece under each tire, and side stand. ) Then I removed the piece from under the side stand to see how much it would lean. I used 1" boards to check again. Repeated using different thickness of board until I had the amount of lean I wanted. As it turned out, I only needed to remove 3/4" from the side stand.
I mention this because you could use this method to see how much your bike would lean with a given link change before buying a set. Raise the tires by the link rise number, and let the side stand rest on the floor to see how much more lean you will have.

Ageing Gracefully

2017 Yamaha XT250
1990 Honda NX250 (Green/White)
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 (Orange & White )

My KLR Page..http://www.powers31.info/2011_KLR650.htm

Mod's to KLR:
Power socket, L.E.D. Battery Indicator, Camera bag holder
Custom Saddlebag frames .
Louder horns, Firstgear Onyx tail bag.
Custom Aluminum Skid Plate.
Cut down seat with Custom pad.
Go Pro Camera mount.