Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Monkey Butt

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  divinsailor 
#1 ·
Man does my rear get sore.Wondering if the Corbin seat is worth the money. Also any big guys out there havin any back pain.I'm a smiggin over 6'7" and i find my lower back is sore after riding maybe bar risers would help? I am still a spring chicken at 32 so its not old age,also in good shape. Thanks guys let me know what you think.

#2 ·
Lower Back?
Tail bone?
The stock seat bothered my tail bone on long rides and the corbin and a sheepskin helped that.
Not sure about the back, mine gets stiff and it's nice if you can lean forward to take pressure of the tail bone and back but at 6'7" I don't how you'd do that. I'm 5'9" and 40 (old) and not in shape. :confused:

#3 ·
I switched to a Corbin flat saddle after ending rides much sooner than I wanted to. The first time I sat on the Corbin I thought "boy did I make a mistake, this is way too tall and hard as a rock". Decided to leave it on for a while and am glad I did. This seat just keeps getting more comfortable all the time. My rides are now 100-150 miles without getting off the seat compared to 75 miles max with the factory original.
By the way, I am 57, 220 lbs, and have a 30" inseam. Guess that makes me old, overweight, and short. O well, at least I feel like I'm 20, 175 lbs and 6' tall on my KLR.:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.