Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Adventure Gathering November 7,8 and 9 Asheville, NC

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  acmemoto 
#1 ·
Def:..ADVENTURE RIDING: Motorcycle Riding usually done in groups or not. Usually done with a destination in mind or not. Usually done off road or not. Usually done on a dual sport bike or not.

Always done with a smile on the riders face.

Join us for the Acme Moto Adventure Rally centered at Deerfields, a pristine 940 acre unspoiled wilderness located 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC.
http://www.deerfields.com/

November 7th, 8th and 9th.

Take advantage of the finest roads in the country both paved and unpaved.

Visit the sights and sounds of Asheville.

Interested? Visit www.Advrally.com
Or Contact
Scott@acmemotorcycles.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Acme Motorcycle "Adventure Rally", Asheville NC. Nov 7,8,9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ClockWatcher, Acmemoto and a couple of other people have planned to take over the Deerfields area out in Mills River NC. Its been used for a lot of things but the owners are dual sport guys and they are interested in developing a regular thing with us out there. Look at www.deerfields.com and you will see 940 pristine acres of land connected to Pisgah. Its got a couple of lakes, a few miles of logging roads and camping areas everywhere. Its sweet to be sure. So, here's the current plan.

Friday night we will be setting up. There is camping available on site. For those who want a motel room because its " ____________" (enter whining sound here), we have arranged for special discounts at a couple of nice motels. Look at www.advrally for announcements.

Now, Friday night is a great night to visit the local hot spots in and around downtown Asheville. Adult beverages and motorcycles definitely do not mix so, my friend Doug Harker has offered the use of a Deluxe 29 Passenger Bus. Now he means DELUXE so wipe your feet when you get in. We thought we would take a load or two to downtown and drop everyone one off at a central location. Another good guy and rider, John Atwater, owns Mamacita's Resturant and a bar next door called Mo Daddy's. We have talked about making a special deal to eat and other there....more on that later.

Speaking of adult beverages, I talked to Mark Lyons of the Brews Cruise. www.brewscruise.com For $60 bucks, he will come out and pick up a small group and do his tour of few of the local breweries. It sounds cool and interesting. My friend Tim has done it and recomends it. Check it out and let me know if there is enough interest and I will arrange it. It leaves at 3 or so on Friday......

Saturday Am, we have hired a chef to do a hot breakfast. For a small fee, say $20 bucks, (cash) I'll bring it to you in bed. If not, join us at the breakfast table.

Then, we have planned a off road riding course on the site. This is for new riders and riders on the larger bikes who do not have a whole lot of experience on dirt. Clock Watcher has put together a few of his friends who have a lot of experience for guidance. GS's, DL's, KLR's and anything else. We will be crossing logs, up hill off camber turns, down hill braking and a few other things. Gain some experience before going to The Shanandoah 500.

Suspension Wiz, Rick Tannenbaum of Cogent Dynamics is got to be out there to look over and advise of suspension mods. Look for the stuff he does at http://motocd.com/

Now, for the others in the group, we have arranged to do "self Guided" rides around the area. There will be a number of maps, route sheets and gps coordinates to follow. Get together with a large or small group and go.

There are Road Ride Maps to some of the best rides around. Designed by a good friend, Doug Pippin, he has GPS, Route Sheets and maps.

There will be lunch provided on Saturday and a breakfast on Sunday.

Looking for Music Saturday Night.....Got any ideas?

Its an ADVENTURE GATHERING. Riding, Good Food, Entertainment, Camping, Music and Sight Seeing. Not your normal Rally, a Gathering!

There's more on the way!

Make a reservation NOW ....... $80 in advance.....$100 at the door
Details?

WWW.ADVRALLY.com

Scott@Acememotorcycles.com

#4 ·
Theres been a few changes and explanantions needed. The $80 includes all of the camping and three meals...also the transportation th Downtown and back on Friday night. (Designated Driver Included) If you want to show up on Saturday we are Charging $40 for the meals and one night camping....
There are discounts available at the shop on gear and tires so send me an email at Sales@acmemotorcycles.com And I will get in touch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.