Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Tusk panniers

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Provi 
#1 ·
Anybody running Tusk panniers and if so , whats the general feeling on them ? Look to be a really good unit for the price.

#3 ·
I bought the tusk panniers for an expected run from Fairbanks to Deadhorse on the Dalton highway. Didn't end up happening because the weather just didn't want to cooperate causing road closures and I didn't want to go in pouring rain. Anyway I'm pleased with the panniers. They are very well built and the lids seal tight. The racks mounted well and are sturdy. The panniers, even though they are aluminum, are not light. I'm sure buy themselves the racks and panniers add 30 lbs. empty. I weighed my full panniers ready to go to Deadhorse and they were just shy of 100 lbs. combined. They appear to be black powder coated and I am wondering what that will look like after 500 miles of flying gravel and debris. I like the fact by locking the lids you can lock the panniers to the bike. Planning to try again next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.