Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum - View Single Post - Cagers? Bikers!
Thread: Cagers? Bikers!
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 01-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Hardyreels
3rd Gear

Lock,

I concur with and to your observations. I've been riding for 40 years and am a survivor. I drive my bikes like a pilot in an F17 with disabled counter measures.

The new guys are on their own, I skied for 32 years till the knees protested and there was nothing I could do about the dumb ass's who skied into trees or sheds, etc. Many people choose to ski way beyond their skill level and paid the price for their bad decisions.

What does that have to do with anything? Well, I always advise anyone over 35 years of age that if you never road a motorcycle or downhill skied, either learn how before you go out in the real world or don't try it. Harsh? Maybe some of you started riding when you were 50 and never had a problem. You are either very well coordinated and possess good balance etc, etc, or you are darn good and lucky.

Lots of wanna be bikers out there, Harley's, GSXR 1100's, Vulcan's, even Dual Sport rides, all you can do is watch out for yourself. If you have a friend who is new you can watch out for them somewhat.

Ride On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome