Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Sell or not sell, that's the question

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  PeteK 
#1 ·
Last week I thought about selling the KLR. My reasons, the dry season ends in Panama, come 8 or 9 months of rain and I will not be able to ride the bike whenever I want as I do in the dry season. I could sell it for the same price I bought it at the beginning of the dry season and the gain would be the use I took of it during the 5 months I've had it. Then next year could buy a bike to use during the dry season. So far my pragmatic thinking has triumphed.
I knew of a person who was looking for one, so I warned him. He immediately showed interest and money.
However, and with the possibility of separating from her, my thinking changed changed to thumper. Money will not solve much. Priorities are resolved. And I would be without the KLR that has behaved like a campion. I also considered the possible difficulty of getting a bike the same and in the perfect condition it is. I can always get the same money but not the same bike and maybe not a good price. So I've decided to stay. We will remain united for a long time, I hope.
I have also decided that I will buy good quality equipment for the rain and to continue riding. LOL

#3 ·
Sell or not?

Riding in rain can give you a whole new experience. ( Good or bad?? ) just adapt your riding to the new conditions.

Reactions: Dicky
#4 ·
Went to Maggie Valley on one of our trips and it rained all week. If you wanted to ride you had to just go. So I did. Still had a good time and saw the greatest lightning storm I'm ever witnessed while on top of a mountain. It's all part of the adventure and adds to the story.

"One day it started raining" Forest Gump

Reactions: Dicky
#5 ·
Good choice to keep the KLR. True you can always buy another bike but who knows if the next Will be as dependable. We ride seasonally in the North East USA but do anything possable to extend the seasons. Rain does not slow us down but other weather conditiins make it tough.

Keep on riding.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#9 ·
[QUOTE = "Rebmilc, post: 590146, member: 41882"]
Хороший выбор для сохранения KLR. Конечно, вы всегда можете купить другой байк, но кто знает, будет ли следующий такой же надежным. Мы ездим сезонно на северо-востоке США, но делаем все возможное, чтобы продлить сезон. Дождь не замедляет нас, но другие погодные условия усложняют его.

Продолжайте ехать.

Отправлено с моего SM-G930V с помощью Tapatalk
[/ QUOTE]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.