Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum - View Single Post - Looking for a good adv system. Dont want to sell my bike to get one
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 05-05-2017, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
Jack357
Neutral

It seems that you found a way that is convinient to you when it comes to your clothing gear. Apart from that, i take the fact you said "it's not who made it but what it does that's important".
Of i will carry standard clothing with me but let's take an example: Say you are in vietnam and while super humid and hot you have the summer layer on. But 10 min later is starts to rain, a lot. So you stop and put your waterproof layer on top.

Whereas if you had a single layer jacket, my experience says that you will either get too hot in a place like this, or you want be protected from heavy rain as no textile (not even Klim is 100% waterproof). But that's in extreme rain conditions i guess.

On the flip side, the waterproof layer (e.g Reissa lining) is trully waterproof in the heaviest rain. I tested it my self in extreme rain for about two hours of riding (at 30km cause i couldn't go faster, in fact i could barely see in front of me).
I was surprised to see that my t-shirt was absolutely dry when i stopped.

So, going back to the Siima Sibirsky i believe that this jacket can truly do the job in multiple climates. Of course there is only one way to find out.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome