Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum - View Single Post - Diesel conversion kit?
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 04-02-2019, 03:24 PM
Tom Schmitz
Pretty in Pink, dunno why

Garage
Much like the Versys transplant, the turbo projects, and the home-brew EFI (except for KLRChris' project), this is filed under "useless labors of love that didn't turn out well". Much like half the shit I do, I must admit...

I have not seen a well-done diesel conversion. What I have seen is a Kubota of which there is a YouTube video wherein the bikes weight was described as "a crap-ton", and a pull-start something or other that I can't find right now.

The military didn't do it because it was a great idea, they did it so that all of their vehicle fleets could run on the same fuel. In other words, for logistics and not for performance of any kind.

The Hayes was the only really clean version, of course. I recall that they were interested in selling them but the price tag, at a couple of times what a new, stock, KLR would cost just didn't pan out.

Still, they can be had. So can hen's teeth be had...

Tom [email protected]

“Neither of the two people in the room paid any attention to the way I came in, although only one of them was dead.” -Philip Marlowe

“'Why' and 'How' are words so important they cannot be too often used.” -Napoleon Bonaparte

Sting like a butterfly.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome