Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum - View Single Post - sending imported tracks to my device
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 08-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Tom Schmitz
Pretty in Pink, dunno why

Garage
OK, first off, I hope I haven't screwed you up. When I said GPS Tracker, I meant GPS TrackMaker. Hopefully you knew that and were humoring me...

In GPS Trackmaker, load a .gpx file that has the tracks you want to convert. You'll see your tracks on the screen - select one of them by double clicking on it. It should now have a whole bunch of points high-lighted on it.

From the menu, go to Tools>Tracklogs and Routes>Tracklog Reducer. Ehis will bring up a pop-up tool for making tracks use less points. Select "Create a Route" and select the number of points (vertexes) you want to use on the route (max is 210). Click on "Reduce", bada-bing, you have a route from the track file.

Save the .gpx file and load it into Mapsource. You can edit the route if you want or save it to the Nuvi.

BTW, I save all of my GPS data in one file called "Master.gpx" and save it straight to the Nuvi from Mapsource rather than use the Mapsource upload/download chingadera.

Tom

Tom [email protected]

Some days I feel like playing it smooth. Some days I feel like playing it like a waffle iron. -Philip Marlowe

'Why' and 'How' are words so important they cannot be too often used. -Napoleon Bonaparte

Sting like a butterfly.
Noli Timere Messorem

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome