Thread: Ktm 790
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 06-14-2019, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Tom Schmitz
Pretty in Pink, dunno why

Garage
Ktm 790

From the ADV review, Part 1:

"Parallel twins have a bad reputation for being boring, for sounding cheap, and for underperforming. KTM did dial down the output on the 790 Adventure a bit, when compared to the 790 Duke. It has more emphasis on low-end torque; max output is 65 lb-ft of torque @ 6,600 rpm, building strength through the bottom of the rev range. However, peak horsepower is down to 94 hp @ 8,000 rpm."

Down to 94hp? Are you ****ing kidding me?

"KTM claims both machines have a 417-lb dry weight, and unofficially, we understand the wet weight is at 450 lbs. That’s barely more than a fuelled-up KLR650, just for the sake of reference, which came in around 430 lb wet. Claimed wet weight on the BMW F850 GS Adventure is around 500 lbs, as is the Honda Africa Twin."

Get thee behind me, Satan!
And don't push...

Tom [email protected]

“I still held his automatic more or less pointed at him, but he swung on me just the same. It caught me flush on the chin. It was meant to be a hard one, but a pansy has no iron in his bones, whatever he looks like.” -Philip Marlowe

“'Why' and 'How' are words so important they cannot be too often used.” -Napoleon Bonaparte

Sting like a butterfly.
Noli Timere Messorem

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome