Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum - View Single Post - About Batteries;
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 12-01-2010, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Hardyreels
3rd Gear

About Batteries;

Cold weather starting; extreme I know but I thought I would post this.

I had to move the bikes out from the garage three days ago because I needed space for our 700 King Quad. The Suzuki is my snow plow and developed electrical problems. Because of the weather (cold) I moved it indoors for diagnostics. Problem solved, bad fuel pump relay but the replacement won't be here till Friday.

Both of the KLR's have an Odyssey battery in them. I just came inside after starting them and running them for awhile. The temp is -8 F right now and it was so overnight also. The Odyssey batteries turned the motors as if it were +60 F and the bikes started right up.

If you find that you are needing to replace your battery these are expensive but I have no doubt that you will not be disappointed with one.

Spinning / flashing LED tail light;Dished seat;Nerf Bars;Panniers and rack;Aluminum skid pan;Master cylinder guard;tall shield;Heated gel grips;Acerbis Rally Pro guards with spoilers;Superbike low front fender;Doo upgrade;16T counter sprocket; K&N filter and box mod;GPS mount;Dash with voltage meter & clock;1" raising links;T bypass mod;anti vibe bars;anti vibe mirror mounts;Euro light switch; Aluminum choke leaver;new dry cell Super battery;Mefo Expolere's;New bearings and races

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome