Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

First Farkle!!!!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Light Train 
#1 ·
So I hard wired a power distribution block with a Relay to the Switch. Wired a 12 Volt powerlet & a SAE Connector for Battery Charging! So cool that it all works & the bike Runs!!!!!

Question: Should I use locktite when ever I place anything back on the bike? Or is that overkill?

I failed my road test today. Is that normal. I have to admit I wasn't expecting it to be that difficult. I know what I need to practice. The Cones seem really close. The KLR seems top heavy. Any pointers?:35a:

#3 ·
Pointers-Well, think of your eyes as sights on a rifle, you will go wherever they are pointed. Have someone video you while you practice, a lot of folks think they are counterweighting, when in all reality they just shifted their hips and then move their shoulders over the bike. On the figure 8/box/2 u turns keep your weight on the outside peg, if going left the bars should be almost full lock left, left arm will be straight, which pushes your shoulders away, and your eyes should be almost looking over your tail light. Really let the bike lean and counter it's weight with your. A good drill is place something in the middle of an area and see how tight you can turn around it, use your periphreal (?) vision, start big and work into a tight turn. Quick stops is all about body position, eye placement, and progressively squeezing the brake, not quicker, but farther.
Just remember eye placement and confidence combine with practice will get you to where you need to be. Have you considered takingan MSF course? Whethor its the basic of experienced course most folks reap great benefits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.