Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Michigan's Thumb

12K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Squattingdog 
#1 ·
Hey all I've been lurkin awhile didn't see a thread for the thumb so I thought I would start one hope I didn't skip over it .

So anyway I was wondering if there was any one else in my area here ?

#10 ·
The standard way to show a fellow Michigander where some place is in the lower peninsula is to hold out your hand with the thumb stuck out and the other fingers together to form a mitten. Then just point to the area in question. The people in the northern lower call the people that live south of them down staters. The upper peninsula residents call the people in the lower trolls because they live below the bridge/south of the bridge that connects the two. Like the troll under the bridge in the children's story.

#17 ·
Staff Sergent - Travis Mills.org

May 27th Memorial Day weekend in Richville Mich @ 9890 Sanilac Road (M-46)
A spaghetti Dinner to raise money for Tavis his wife and daughter.

He is coming home without his arms or legs do to a I.E.D in Afganistan .
Sugested donation of $10 adult $5 kids
live auction & bake sale

I can't think of a better way to spend part of my Memorial day weekend than to ride there and help make the rest of their lives as easy as possible!

Hope to see you there

:character00268:

#18 ·
Hey there I'm new to the forum here and would like to do some networking and get a group of riders together. I read along the thread you began and don't quite think they got the lingo. But I have a place in warren and commute to my second home in Caseville. It's straight up and down van **** for me. So yes I feel confident in saying I'm from the thumb area haha.

I am hoping with your help we could begin to gather some contacts and start doing some rides. I'm all about making new friends, I just recently purchased a klr that I've yet to break in. But I've been on a Harley for over ten years now and felt it time to get out and try something new. So get back to me if you like and we can start coordinating a thumbilly squad of klr's to go out and hit the trails with.

#19 ·
I'm over near Flint.
I spend quite a lot of time around the thumb, but up til now its been on my Venture. We do a ride along 25 starting in various places, sometime going one way and the next year the other, usually in mid May.
I make a run up to Ubly dragway on occassion, and to take someone new to see the wind farm.

I'm looking forward to wandering around the thumb on the KLR. Should be lots of dirt to play on. lol

#20 ·
Hey, I'm looking for riders to ride with in Michigan, my name is Tom and I'm starting a new group on Face Book called KLR 650 Riders Of Michigan.

I'd appreciate if you'd joined in, and spread the news to any adventure bike riders you know. It is my hope to create a network of riders through the use of Face Book. That way when someone wants to ride or set up an event we can get in touch with each other here in Michigan.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.