Choosing a Helmet (Noobish question)
i got a KLR and need to gear up for safety. First and most important item to get is a helmet.
After visiting a shop today I'm left with well 3 Choices.
1. Standard Enduro helmet - i mean the one that requires goggles (but has chin protection). Since I'm not allowed to link so I'll name the one that fits: Madhead MexOne
2. Some Italian multifunction 6 in 1 helmet -forgot the name. It can be configured to fit outdoors, street, highway.
3. Fully closed helmet (the standard one with sliding windscreen)
How I intend to use my KLR:
- mostly to discover new places in a comfortable way
- sometimes driving to my work (40 miles) - but that is for next year
- driving around the forest I have near my home
How I do not intend to use it
- extreme rides in dirt/rain etc.
- extreme terrain
- activities that require heavy breathing (for fogging sake)
Sorry, im inexperienced so maybe You can tell me what type would fit my needs (with links/pics).
Last edited by Esthan; 03-13-2014 at 01:13 PM.