Soft Dry Tail Bag, Recommendations? Pics? - Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum
Bike and Rider Gear For discussions on different gear for the ride & rider.

 2Likes
  • 1 Post By KLRCamo
  • 1 Post By Toney
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-09-2017, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear
 
KLRCamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Attleboro, Massachusetts
Posts: 23
Soft Dry Tail Bag, Recommendations? Pics?

I put the dirt rack rear crash bars on klr camo with Nelson rigg soft saddles over top; the new version bags they just came out with. I really like them so far, except I wish there was a simple way to take them on and off, like a quick release. It takes time to take them on and off. Planning a camping trip in June/July 2017 to New Hampshire White Mountains and will surely need a soft tail bag. Considering the matching dry bag from N-Rig but does anyone have an opinion on another brand? Wolfman? Does anyone have a similar setup and can send pics? Also considering a hi Vis color or black. What would you do?Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4643_1489108763657.jpg (547.0 KB, 25 views)
nelsonriggusa likes this.
KLRCamo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 03-10-2017, 07:46 PM
3rd Gear
 
Toney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oliver Springs TN
Posts: 755
"Soft" and "Dry" don't belong in the same sentence unless you're talking about antiperspirant.

It you want stuff to stay dry get a trunk.

Google EMGO Trunk


“Take the risk of thinking for yourself , much more happiness , truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.” Hitchens
Toney is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 03-10-2017, 08:17 PM
OverDrive
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lander, Wyoming
Posts: 5,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney View Post
"Soft" and "Dry" don't belong in the same sentence unless you're talking about antiperspirant.

It you want stuff to stay dry get a trunk.

Google EMGO Trunk

Ahh but, Toney a hard case trunk can be more easily broken in a dirt road/back-woods tip-over---Crash.
Depending on how badly broken it may not be able to continue to carry its contents.

Bunjie cords and web nets would keep a torn Soft bag and contents mostly aboard, maybe no longer 'Dry'.

pdwestman
Modify at "YOUR OWN RISK"!

Still riding my 1987 KL650-A1. 84,000+ miles & counting
pdwestman is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 Old 03-10-2017, 09:08 PM
3rd Gear
 
Toney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oliver Springs TN
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwestman View Post
Ahh but, Toney a hard case trunk can be more easily broken in a dirt road/back-woods tip-over---Crash.
Depending on how badly broken it may not be able to continue to carry its contents.

Bunjie cords and web nets would keep a torn Soft bag and contents mostly aboard, maybe no longer 'Dry'.
Ahhhhh,,,, good point but,,,,,,,, I carry a soft bag inside my trunk (ammo bag from Walmart) and all my stuff is in it. If I need more room, I move the bag to my rear seat, strap it down and have an empty trunk.

Thought you had me there didn't ya

PS: The idea is to keep it upright at all times. Problem solved.
pdwestman likes this.

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself , much more happiness , truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.” Hitchens
Toney is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 03-21-2017, 11:48 AM
1st Gear
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 31
Bags look great on your Camo KLR. As you im sure are aware, we make matching 15L and 30L roll bags as well as a 40L dufflebag.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRCamo View Post
I put the dirt rack rear crash bars on klr camo with Nelson rigg soft saddles over top; the new version bags they just came out with. I really like them so far, except I wish there was a simple way to take them on and off, like a quick release. It takes time to take them on and off. Planning a camping trip in June/July 2017 to New Hampshire White Mountains and will surely need a soft tail bag. Considering the matching dry bag from N-Rig but does anyone have an opinion on another brand? Wolfman? Does anyone have a similar setup and can send pics? Also considering a hi Vis color or black. What would you do?Thanks!
nelsonriggusa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tail bag hard or soft but supports back of passenger Scott Garrett 1987 to 2007 Wrenching & Mods 8 02-20-2017 02:14 PM
***i need led tail light bulb pics please*** dealzzalot Show Off Your Bike 0 04-16-2009 02:58 AM
Soft Bag Permanent Mount DXKLR 1987 to 2007 Wrenching & Mods 2 12-14-2007 07:30 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome