This thread will span a few days. I ordered the cases a couple days back and they are supposed to be here in 1 to 6 days. They're coming from New Jersey, so I suspect 6 days.
Looking over my rack, it appears that it should be fairly straight forward to mount them using a load-carrying bracket at the bottom and a locking latch at the top. The locking mechanism will be a detent pin that goes through the latch and the wall of the case, preventing the latch from rotating to the unsecured position.
The objective is to be able to quickly remove the bags and to have a positive securing mechanism so that they don't fall off while riding down the road. Sounded like a good idea...
Since the brackets are merely a few pieces of bent steel, I decided to tackle the hard stuff first and build the latches. I need two per case for a total of 6 cams.
I wanted to make these from a black material, but had white on hand already, so I went with it. The 'material' is a half-inch thick poly cutting board. Poly's nice; it tools well and is impervious to most stuff and plenty strong for quite a few applications. Half inch is perfect for this, as the latch needs a reach of 1/2" for the 1/2" tubes of the Sequoia.
First thing to do is get six plugs that are 1 1/4" in diameter.
Next, cut even strips to make the latch.
Using the fender washer as a drill jig.
Finished 1/4" holes drilled though both pieces.
The cam is assembled for further work.
Drilling through the whole assembly for the locking pin.
Going to the mighty-mighty ChiCom belt sander for radiusing and smoothing. The belt will remove material from the latch only up to the washer.