Hi fellow KLR'ers - Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum
Introductions Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.

 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-29-2016, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Neutral
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pretoria South Africa
Posts: 8
Hi fellow KLR'ers

Hi all

I am John from Pretoria, South Africa. Am a career soldier and have owned numerous bikes over the years. In 2009 I had a KLR and missed it since the day I sold it.
Recently I bought a 2011 model in really good nick and am really excited to be part of the KLR clan again.

I wish everybody from around the world happy trails, wish I could ride with each and every one of you!
Fox Fader likes this.
Johnna is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 03-29-2016, 09:11 AM
Lifetime Member
 
650Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,480
Hello and welcome back to the KLR Kollective
Great bikes indeed, of all the bikes I've owned I feel most at home on the KLR!
Johnna likes this.
650Stew is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 03-29-2016, 11:36 AM
2nd Gear
 
Squidly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
Hi all

I am John from Pretoria, South Africa. Am a career soldier and have owned numerous bikes over the years. In 2009 I had a KLR and missed it since the day I sold it.
Recently I bought a 2011 model in really good nick and am really excited to be part of the KLR clan again.

I wish everybody from around the world happy trails, wish I could ride with each and every one of you!
Welcome back indeed! Glad you have a another Johnna.
Your place has some great riding opportunities. Don't spend too much time here and go and enjoy. Let those of us who will never make it there enjoy through you.
At the moment and for the next 3 days I'm in a snow storm. Hence, I'll be doing the wife's bidding!!
Squidly is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 03-29-2016, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Neutral
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pretoria South Africa
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly View Post
Welcome back indeed! Glad you have a another Johnna.

Your place has some great riding opportunities. Don't spend too much time here and go and enjoy. Let those of us who will never make it there enjoy through you.

At the moment and for the next 3 days I'm in a snow storm. Hence, I'll be doing the wife's bidding!!


Haha thank you Squidly!
Johnna is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 03-29-2016, 12:06 PM
2nd Gear
 
frostbitevinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Posts: 259
Welcome Johnna. I have a nurse friend form South Africa and she says there is some great riding there. Here it is nice today but soon it will be 20F again. I don't have a good air filter anyway so riding is to risky.

Enjoy the forum and please post pictures of your adventures when you can.

'01 KLR 650, '09 Suzuki DL650, '08 Suzuki Bandit 1250, '16 CRF1000L, '09 KLX 250s
frostbitevinnie is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 03-29-2016, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Neutral
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pretoria South Africa
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbitevinnie View Post
Welcome Johnna. I have a nurse friend form South Africa and she says there is some great riding there. Here it is nice today but soon it will be 20F again. I don't have a good air filter anyway so riding is to risky.



Enjoy the forum and please post pictures of your adventures when you can.


Thanks Vinnie, it's starting to cool down here (we are going into winter) today was 86, looking forward to some excellent riding!
Johnna is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 03-29-2016, 01:48 PM
2nd Gear
 
Fox Fader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 195
I had a friend from South Africa he was a pro golfer. Lost touch with him though.

Welcome.

'11 KLR 650: KLR Full Bag Kit, 22 Mod, Thermo-Bob w/ Overlay, Angular Mirrors, Studebaker Doo, Tusk Drain Plug, UNI Filter, K761's, ODI Emig Grips, LED Cluster & Tag, Digital Clock w/ Temp, Eibach 400# RR, Progressive FR w/ adj Pre-load caps, ZG Double Bubble

'07 Aprilia Tuono 1000 Factory '17 Highball Suede Nuclear Sunset Orange
Slammin' Tunes!
Fox Fader is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 03-29-2016, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Neutral
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pretoria South Africa
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Fader View Post
I had a friend from South Africa he was a pro golfer. Lost touch with him though.



Welcome.


Thank you Fox!
Johnna is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 03-29-2016, 02:06 PM
1st Gear
 
KLR - Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Canada
Posts: 43
Welcome Back to the fold Johnna!
Ride Safe.
KLR - Ken is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 03-29-2016, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Neutral
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pretoria South Africa
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR - Ken View Post
Welcome Back to the fold Johnna!
Ride Safe.


Thanks Ken
Johnna is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any newfoundland KLR'ers here? kojack Eastern Canada 2 08-05-2014 08:18 PM
little help from my fellow KLR riders Scrapper The Off Topic Lounge 0 02-06-2013 03:17 PM
Got an open couch for a fellow KLR rider? Mr. Miyagi Western Riders 2 02-23-2012 01:57 AM
Got an open couch for a fellow KLR rider? Mr. Miyagi Southwest Riders 3 05-26-2011 05:04 PM
Fellow KLR rider needs help in Mexico DonD KLR & Other Motorcycle Related Discussion 2 10-23-2008 09:15 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome