So....where are you riding to in 2013???? - Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum
KLR & Other Motorcycle Related Discussion Grab a seat and discuss whatever you like about the KLR or other related topics. Within reason.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 12-27-2012, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pefferlaw,Ontario
Posts: 1,636
So....where are you riding to in 2013????

OK guys and gals.......as I sit here in pain from snow shoveling etc....I am thinking of where I would hope to ride to in 2013.

I have some plans to ride to Newfoundland for a 2 week ride around etc.....just get an idea of what's there.
I have a couple of buddies who are interested to make our group of 3, the perfect number.
I just need to find the fundage to make it happen.

So, what are your plans for the upcoming riding season?

Lets hear your plans.......

Willys
willys is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 12-27-2012, 02:02 PM
1st Gear
 
bryce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lil's Hair Salon and Peanut-eria
Posts: 80
Garage
No solid plans yet... Probably a weekend trip to Florida and I 'm sure there will be a few overnighters to the Smokies.

I feel another longer adventure coming on though. I'll have a good bit of vacation time in 2013. I'll carry over 10 days and then i'll hit the 10 year mark where I go to 20 days a year.

"It sure beats working all week, boozing it up in some smoky bar or sitting around watching the world go to Hell in living color and still ending up, just before payday, flat broke as usual. That's only existing, not really living." - Don Marshall, Cycles South, 1971
----------
'08 KLR650 & '14 Super Tenere
bryce is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 12-28-2012, 05:58 PM
2nd Gear
 
terry_1956's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Casper, WY
Posts: 389
We plan on making it back down to Moab the end of May-first of June.
terry_1956 is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 Old 12-28-2012, 07:13 PM
3rd Gear
 
acidman1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 901
First, I've gotta figure out a way to add a deck/platform to the back of our 5th wheel so I can take the KLR along when Mrs. Acid and I head out on our getaways. The 5th wheel already has a hitch on the back, but I don't feel that a single-point hitch is safe/secure enough to put a KLR on. I believe there's a custom hitch place here in town, so I'm going to consult with them to see if there's a way they can add two more receiver hitches, and have them connected to the frame on both sides of the trailer that would support both ends of the deck. That way, the bike would be on a deck that is attached in three locations.

Then, we've got a trip planned to Bryce Canyon National Park at the end of June / first of July, as well as a trip to Yellowstone during the first part of August. We're also thinking about another trip up to the Glacier area...

...and who knows, we may even try to fit in the North Rim of the Grand Canyon some time in there. I've got one run of 35 days off in a row this summer, and I plan on using them to the fullest.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/acidman1968/avatars/vendetta-4.jpg
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
acidman1968 is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 12-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Neutral
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12
This summer planning on a couple of weeks through the Alberta badlands to the Cypress Hills and then down to Montana.. want to do the Beartooth Pass and go to Yellowstone. Just have to try to get the time off for that.
bike-nut is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 12-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Honda VTX 1800c
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Foley Alabama ( when it,s cold in Canada
Posts: 123
Fifth wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidman1968 View Post
First, I've gotta figure out a way to add a deck/platform to the back of our 5th wheel so I can take the KLR along when Mrs. Acid and I head out on our getaways. The 5th wheel already has a hitch on the back, but I don't feel that a single-point hitch is safe/secure enough to put a KLR on. I believe there's a custom hitch place here in town, so I'm going to consult with them to see if there's a way they can add two more receiver hitches, and have them connected to the frame on both sides of the trailer that would support both ends of the deck. That way, the bike would be on a deck that is attached in three locations.

Then, we've got a trip planned to Bryce Canyon National Park at the end of June / first of July, as well as a trip to Yellowstone during the first part of August. We're also thinking about another trip up to the Glacier area...

...and who knows, we may even try to fit in the North Rim of the Grand Canyon
some time in there. I've got one run of 35 days off in a row this summer, and I plan on using them to the fullest.
Acid man I did the 5 wheel platform 7 years ago ,a 40 inch extension ,Works great and I,ve hauled my KLR back and forth to Alabama every year since then .
Email me and I,ll take pic,s of it and send them ,Ron
drsprocket is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 12-29-2012, 02:42 PM
2nd Gear
 
fradsham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Paradise, NL, Canada
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by willys View Post
OK guys and gals.......as I sit here in pain from snow shoveling etc....I am thinking of where I would hope to ride to in 2013.

I have some plans to ride to Newfoundland for a 2 week ride around etc.....just get an idea of what's there.
I have a couple of buddies who are interested to make our group of 3, the perfect number.
I just need to find the fundage to make it happen.

So, what are your plans for the upcoming riding season?

Lets hear your plans.......
Great to hear you want to visit the far-east of north america. We have many log roads and trails....I have a couple friends with KLRs, just give me a time frame and if you do not mind fellow riders, be glad to join....
fradsham is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 12-29-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pefferlaw,Ontario
Posts: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradsham View Post
Great to hear you want to visit the far-east of north america. We have many log roads and trails....I have a couple friends with KLRs, just give me a time frame and if you do not mind fellow riders, be glad to join....
Thanks......we're looking for back roads and light trails, nothing too severe that's for sure. We'll be fully loaded and it gets really difficult to deal with the extra weight. Plus not wanting to damage us or the bikes far from home. But always into meeting new faces and getting shown some good places to ride etc.
Thanks again.....fundage will dictate if and when obviously, for me at least this year.

Willys
willys is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 12-30-2012, 01:23 AM
RLF
2nd Gear
 
RLF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Farmington, NM
Posts: 215
I'm sure I'll be in the Co Rocky Mountain (Silverton, Durango, Ouray area) once or twice this year.
RLF is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 05-24-2013, 08:06 PM
2nd Gear
 
fradsham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Paradise, NL, Canada
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by willys View Post
OK guys and gals.......as I sit here in pain from snow shoveling etc....I am thinking of where I would hope to ride to in 2013.

I have some plans to ride to Newfoundland for a 2 week ride around etc.....just get an idea of what's there.
I have a couple of buddies who are interested to make our group of 3, the perfect number.
I just need to find the fundage to make it happen.
Did you ever make any more plans to travel to Newfoundland?
fradsham is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 Tri-State Iron Butt 1700 Snakeboy66 Upcoming Tech Days & Group Rides 107 03-10-2014 09:27 AM
2012 or 2013 North-AZ-KLR 2008+ KLR650 Wrenching & Mod Questions 14 09-27-2013 10:24 PM
Northern AZ Ride 2013 19willys51 Upcoming Tech Days & Group Rides 173 04-29-2013 10:03 AM
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 eparker202 Other Bikes 2 09-13-2012 09:07 PM
2013 klr ? larry31 KLR & Other Motorcycle Related Discussion 15 07-18-2012 05:59 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome