KLR of the Month, for those scratching their heads.... If we want to make calendars an annual thing, this would be a great way to find our "models" and if not it will just be fun crowning our monthly winners.
As with any contest, there must be rules. Here are some guidelines I think will help keep us on track. All of this, of course, is pending an AOK from admin but lets see what kind of interest we get for a monthly contest.
1. Nominees must be KLRforum members in good standing.
2. Submissions should be recent pics and have some relevance to the month in question (no snow pics in July, for example)
3. There can be more than one nomination per month per member but you can only nominate YOURSELF once. Others can nominate you but only one of your pics will make the calendar. After you win you are ineligible to win for the rest of the year.
4. Absolutely no plagiarism of photos of others, no copyrighted material or pics you find while surfing... These must be pics of our members bikes to avoid all copyright infringements, calendars will be available publicly!
5. Monthly submissions will be limited to the # of polling slots available on site. If there are 30 possible choices we will cut it off there. If less the end date for submissions will be the 20th and the rest of the month for voting. Results will be tallied at the end of the month, winner announced and dubbed KLR of the month. Maybe just bragging rights or if something comes up for some type of prize, all the better.
Since we lost a month of voting I suggest we pick 2 the first month to make up for the one we lost. If all this flies with admin and you guys and gals wanna do it, lets start the photos coming in!!