So we went riding today like every sunday started off by readjusting my chain because it was a little tight from when i put the tires on got it squared away, it was making a click at low speeds (probably at high speeds too) so got that adjust and in the good, took off, rode roads for awhile and then decided to head out to a buddies farm land and off-road with some friends, cruising at about 60mph i heard a snap and my tire locked up, clutched and nothing just about a 100ft slide (on my 150mile old tire
) saw pieces FLYing off of my bike
. pulled over, chain broke, mangled to chain guard, smashed the fender into a thousand pieces, sent my license plate into the ditch, ripped through my wiring harness, blew apart the inner fender liner chewed up the sprocket. WTF. At least i was able to hold onto it and not lay it down in the slide, I was also happy to find my plate in the ditch bent in half like a taco.
If anybody knows of any aftermarket, or any body has any of the parts lying around they'd like to sell I need:
1. Rear fender (my brake light is still good and in one piece)
2. rear inner fender liner
3. chain guard
4. im gunna by new chain and sprockets
5. the left side plastic cover has a big crack in it
6. my left leg is still intact so its not all bad glass is still half full
so today sucked also had a few questions.
1. the sprocket has play front to back and seems like nothing holds it on besides the rubber fingers that spline to the hub? am i missing something, i took the wheel off and it fell off to the side?
2. the axle moves a little in the adjuster how do i know the wheel is straight i can line up marks and still move the axle 1/4" front or back without moving the adjuster?
so anybody knows where i can get the body parts cheap it would really be appreciated id look tonight but its time to sleep. thanks everyone.