Sturgis Chick - Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum
Ladies Lounge Here the ladies can be comfortable with their topics & posts.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-15-2014, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear
 
UKbri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Black Hills
Posts: 49
Sturgis Chick

Read about Sturgis Chick and her KLR travels at www.sturgischick.com

Last edited by 650Stew; 01-03-2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Added the extra 'w' ;)
UKbri is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 04-16-2014, 11:48 AM
2nd Gear
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: ajax
Posts: 108
Welcome to the forum,you may want to correct your Web address,sorry can't afford a donation to support your travel plans.
nearace is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 04-16-2014, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear
 
UKbri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Black Hills
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearace View Post
Welcome to the forum,you may want to correct your Web address,sorry can't afford a donation to support your travel plans.
If you're refering to the missing w it's because you need 15 posts or more to insert a web link. I didn't have enough so I cheated and took a w out and was sure everyone would get the point.
Not after any donations, just spreadin da word.
UKbri is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 04-16-2014, 09:28 PM
3rd Gear
 
acidman1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKbri View Post
If you're refering to the missing w it's because you need 15 posts or more to insert a web link. I didn't have enough so I cheated and took a w out and was sure everyone would get the point.
Not after any donations, just spreadin da word.
And I'll say "Thanks!" for sharing the link - even without the "w". I was able to waste a bit of last night's shift reading through Sturgis Chick's thread. It's a pretty good read so far.

With any luck, I'll be able to waste some more time during tonight's shift reading more of it.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/acidman1968/avatars/vendetta-4.jpg
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
acidman1968 is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 04-16-2014, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear
 
UKbri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Black Hills
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidman1968 View Post
And I'll say "Thanks!" for sharing the link - even without the "w". I was able to waste a bit of last night's shift reading through Sturgis Chick's thread. It's a pretty good read so far.

With any luck, I'll be able to waste some more time during tonight's shift reading more of it.
Jolly good show. Just make sure you don't accidently do some work in between reads.
UKbri is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 01-03-2015, 10:46 AM
3rd Gear
 
acidman1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 901
I don't know if anyone else here is following along, but SturgisChick and her boyfriend have been having a totally awesome adventure on their ride down through South America. I've "fallen behind" a bit because I haven't been reading from work (kinda got chewed out by my Supervisor, so I decided "screw it, I'll just stay off the internet from work unless it's weather or news), but they've been through some awesome passes...

Here's one of them in Peru:



I thought it was so cool, I decided to find it on Google Earth just so see what the terrain looked like...



I knew the Andes have some fantastic peaks and glaciers - I just didn't know there were ones like this in Peru!

If you've got a few hours to waste, have a read in her thread! She's got some really good pics in there, too.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/acidman1968/avatars/vendetta-4.jpg
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
acidman1968 is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 01-04-2015, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear
 
UKbri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Black Hills
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidman1968 View Post
I don't know if anyone else here is following along, but SturgisChick and her boyfriend have been having a totally awesome adventure on their ride down through South America. I've "fallen behind" a bit because I haven't been reading from work (kinda got chewed out by my Supervisor, so I decided "screw it, I'll just stay off the internet from work unless it's weather or news), but they've been through some awesome passes...
Here's one of them in Peru:
I thought it was so cool, I decided to find it on Google Earth just so see what the terrain looked like...
I knew the Andes have some fantastic peaks and glaciers - I just didn't know there were ones like this in Peru!
If you've got a few hours to waste, have a read in her thread! She's got some really good pics in there, too.
Thanks for the great feedback. The Cordillera Blanca in Peru is certainly an amazing place. The KLR wasn't a fan of the altitude though !
In the Lake District, Argentina now. Still on for a late Jan, early Feb arrival in Ushuaia.
Ride fast and take chances.
UKbri
UKbri is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 01-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Moderator
 
klr4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fort Sask , Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,486
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to klr4evr
Interesting read for sure. Wish I still worked night shifts.

Early on she changes a tire in Quebec, Canada. Anybody recognize the brand, model?? Never seen this tire before.



.

My Kaw Barn - 2004 KLR, 2006 Concours (sold), 1997 Bayou 400.

"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

<--- Please fill in the 'Location' on your personal profile page. User CP/Edit Your Details

This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.
klr4evr is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 01-06-2015, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear
 
UKbri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Black Hills
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by klr4evr View Post
Interesting read for sure. Wish I still worked night shifts.
Early on she changes a tire in Quebec, Canada. Anybody recognize the brand, model?? Never seen this tire before.

.
If my memory serves, its a Heidenau K60. Thats me fitting it in the pic.
UKbri is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 01-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Moderator
 
klr4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fort Sask , Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,486
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to klr4evr
Ya, you are correct. That's why I didn't recognize it - out of my budget.

My Kaw Barn - 2004 KLR, 2006 Concours (sold), 1997 Bayou 400.

"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

<--- Please fill in the 'Location' on your personal profile page. User CP/Edit Your Details

This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.
klr4evr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sturgis Chick UKbri Travel Log & Trip Reports 0 04-15-2014 05:53 PM
A KLR to Sturgis garthw Travel Log & Trip Reports 21 12-20-2013 12:22 PM
Looking for rear tire supply in rapid city sturgis area garthw Bike and Rider Gear 2 07-26-2013 05:16 PM
Sturgis 8-4-12 terry_1956 Travel Log & Trip Reports 1 08-05-2012 08:58 AM
Sunday around 11 am Sturgis SD Daddyjoe You've been spotted 0 08-26-2007 10:12 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome