Fully outfitted 2008 KLR650
in great condition. It has 23,300 miles
, but will increase slightly as I am still riding the bike to commute. My asking price of $3,900
is based off of the KBB/NADA average plus approximately half of the total value of the upgrades/accessories listed below. Reasonable offers will be considered.
High value (in terms of either price or functionality) upgrades and accessories include:
- Cogent Dynamics Moab Shock ($660 value)
- Tusk Large Aluminum Panniers with racks, handles, and interior bags ($440 value)
- Custom mounted Ridgid 22in Pro waterproof tool box, with locks ($40 value)
- Watt-Man Thermobob 2, gold ($130 value)
- Eagle Mike subframe through bolt installed, and replaced lower frame bolts as well, all grade 12.9 ($25 value)
- Eagle Mike doohickey with linear spring ($40 value)
- Skid plate and full crash bars ($200 value)
Other upgrades/accessories and recent maintenance include:
- Includes extra FMF exhaust (the stock exhaust is currently installed on the bike)
- Valves adjusted 3k miles ago
- Spark plug replaced 3k miles ago with NGK Iridium
- Deka Power Sports ETX15L battery - cranks hard even in the winter!
- 16T front sprocket
- UNI cleanable foam filter
- Conti Trail Attack 2 80/20 tires, ~5k miles on rear, ~3k miles on front (replaced more recently because it received road damage)
- Highway pegs
- Clamp style cruise control
- Oversized cushion grips
- Handlebar end weights
- Seat cover
- Bike cover with reflectors and through-hole for front wheel lock
I am the third owner and I have kept detailed maintenance logs. The bike runs great and has not needed any repairs other than routine maintenance. It has been dropped a few times at low speeds, both on and off road (you're not really riding unless you drop your bike!). Only has cosmetic damage thanks to the crash bars. The panniers were never on the bike when it was dropped. I also have various tools and maintenance items specific to this bike (flywheel wrench, puller, extra coolant and oil, filters, etc) that I will also sell at a reduced price if interested.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, want more info/pictures, or want to see the bike (located in MO).