|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|03-17-2007 09:48 PM|
That is what I was looking for. I thought thats how it came apart but wanted to double check.
|03-17-2007 09:44 PM|
Front Fork Disassembly
1. Before removing the front fork from the frame, release the air and loosen the top bolts.
2. Remove the following parts:
Caliper, brake hose
Top bolt, spring guides, main spring
Drain screw, pump out the oil into a container
3. Push the inner tube all the way in, and remove the Allen bolt on the bottom of the outer tube using the cylinder holder handle and adapter (special tools)
4. Remove the circlip and dust seal with a sharp hook.
5. Holding the inner tube by hand and keeping the fork leg in a vertical position, tap the outer tube on the upper end with the driver (special tool) until the outer tube falls off the inner tube. Face the big end of the driver downward.
End of disassembly....
Of course you have no benefits of the drawings I have..... does this help?
|03-17-2007 09:35 PM|
|MotoPhoto||I need to know how to get them apart.|
|03-17-2007 09:29 PM|
|X6_Hustler||How can I help you with the fork assembly procedure?|
|03-17-2007 09:23 PM|
|MotoPhoto||Yes eating dinner while surffing.|
|03-17-2007 09:15 PM|
I have both manuals here.... are you still there?
I show on page 11-2 from the Service manual that the tree has 15 foot lbs on each fork. Outer brackets only.
|03-17-2007 08:56 PM|
I need some info, I cannot find my manual, I probably left it is someone garage.
I am replacing my fork seals and need the proper steps to get the forks apart.
Also need the torque specs for the triple trees.
Other than that it has been a productive day.
Changed the oil
Replaced front break line with a different braided steel line
Replaced break fluid
Installed a third break light
Cleaned the K & N air filter
Info would be great so I can break her down then get her back together.