Virus: Stocking up? - Page 6 - Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum
The Off Topic Lounge The area for all things off topic. Keep it clean, and keep it friendly.

 56Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 83 Old 03-25-2020, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear
 
Toney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sylva NC
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by planalp View Post
No, nothing. You would think out of an abundance of caution they would have covid-tested at least the staff that were riding in a vehicle with the infected inmate but they refused to do so.

None of the social-distancing stuff is possible at work. We goes to work, we takes our chances, I guess. I guess part of the reason I don't worry too much about the drive-thrus: I figure there's a 1% chance I'll catch it in a drive-thru and a 99% chance I'll catch it at work............
That sucks! This country wasn't ready for this virus at all. They're more worried about the stock market than the lives of Americans. I saw that this could come here over a month ago and ordered food and a couple of generic masks off Amazon. Better safe than sorry I thought & I ordered food we'd eat over time if nothing happened anyway. You'd think the government could have done the same. Be as safe as you can be. I wish things were different.

The feeling of the wind in your face can lift your heart.
Toney is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 83 Old 03-26-2020, 10:54 AM
2nd Gear
 
lineman1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Travel full time
Posts: 159
This virus thing doesn't change my world much. As I travel full time in the Travel trailer, and do most things alone. I always have food for a month or more. TP lasts me forever, and in a earlier post, noted the campground library has lots of books to wipe with if needed. Found every thing I needed at wali world yesterday to make chili, but the burger, so I used roast meat I had. Im going to save one srvs, and can the rest. As the camper freezer is full. I did get a smoked sausage and half a ham, n ritz crackers.
For any one that likes hot chocolate and or milk shakes, hears a rsp that douse both. 5 cups powered milk n 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 cup coffee creamer, and 1/4 cup malt powder if ya have it, ( that's the base) For chocolate use half a can of coco, for any other flavor just add it accordingly, but not the liquid stuff, till making it. For a hot beverage add what is needed to your taist buds. For a shake, I use a 20 oz food processor, ltl water, ltl vanilla, 5 heaping spoons full of the coco mix and fill with ice n blend, then fill with ice and blend till its coming out the top. One needs to get those big straws and or eat with table spoon. I don't do hard liquor but this would make one great frozen mudslide.
( anyone want great old fashion canning rsp's, just pm me as I have perfected a few)
campfire likes this.
lineman1234 is offline  
post #53 of 83 Old 03-26-2020, 11:05 AM
2nd Gear
 
lineman1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Travel full time
Posts: 159
I cant find butter, so if I can get ahold of some heavy cream, will make my own, and it has a side product of butter milk to be used in pancakes and biquits.
(Or get one of the outside cats close enough to use as TP. )
lineman1234 is offline  
 
post #54 of 83 Old 03-26-2020, 02:45 PM
2nd Gear
 
maverick9611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 429
here is east georgia. we r purty smart. get a couple of boston butts and be done with it. bar b q for 2 weeks plus😋
pdwestman, campfire and Uncle Dick like this.
maverick9611 is offline  
post #55 of 83 Old 03-26-2020, 08:00 PM
OverDrive
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lander, Wyoming
Posts: 6,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9611 View Post
here is east georgia. we r purty smart. get a couple of boston butts and be done with it. bar b q for 2 weeks plus😋
That looks Delicious!

It appears to me that you could help Tom Schmitz put some NEW Life back into this Older thread,

https://www.klrforum.com/off-topic-l...g-tonight.html

Or one of you gourmet cooks could start a New Thread?

pdwestman
Modify at "YOUR OWN RISK"!

Still riding my 1987 KL650-A1. 85,000+ miles & counting
pdwestman is offline  
post #56 of 83 Old 03-27-2020, 06:17 AM
2nd Gear
 
maverick9611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 429
i’m using a pellet grill/smoker. night b4 coat the whole butt in mustard and add your choice of dry rub. i like heath riles and killer hogs. wrap tight in saran wrap and put in fridge till tomorrow. i use bout 225 degrees on the grill. fat side up, cook time varies. this babies went 22 hours. internal temp round 201. pull off, wrap in foil, then a towel put in cooler. i use my oven with heat off. let rest 1 to 2 hours. then pick it apart. i use bear claws. i like my pork stringy not fine. when you put in container put the lid on right away to keep moisture in. enjoy

links to my favorite rubs
https://www.heathrilesbbq.com/

https://howtobbqright.myshopify.com/
campfire likes this.

Last edited by maverick9611; 03-27-2020 at 06:26 AM.
maverick9611 is offline  
post #57 of 83 Old 03-27-2020, 08:54 AM
2nd Gear
 
lineman1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Travel full time
Posts: 159
I just gave my camping neighbor my portable smoker, as for one person its more than I need. I will probably get the Oicster dutch oven smoker, as its 3 things in one, for $100.
I made a small dish of cheesy, hotdog creamed cornbread the other day, and its a great all in one meal, with butter.
lineman1234 is offline  
post #58 of 83 Old 03-27-2020, 09:13 AM
2nd Gear
 
maverick9611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 429
sounds good. i’m trying a brisket today
maverick9611 is offline  
post #59 of 83 Old 03-28-2020, 09:10 AM
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Spain and Gibraltar
Posts: 89
Just to keep things on the bright side:-

A teacher asks her class to use the word 'contagious'...
Teacher's pet gets up and says, "Last year I got the measles and my mum said it was contagious." “Well done, Roland," says the teacher, "can anyone else try?"
Katie, a sweet little girl with pigtails, says, "My grandma says there's a new bug going round, and it's contagious." "Well done, Katie," says the teacher. "Anyone else?"
Little Irish Sean jumps up and says in a broad Dublin accent, "Our next door neighbour is painting his house with a 2 inch brush, and my Dad says it will take the contagious."

No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.
Trail Bike Rider is offline  
post #60 of 83 Old 03-28-2020, 09:56 AM
2nd Gear
 
lineman1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Travel full time
Posts: 159
trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9611 View Post
sounds good. i’m trying a brisket today
Ill trade you half a batch of cheese scalloped potatoes with garden sweet corn, ( homemade) and 2 srvs homemade boston baked beans and one half used roll of TP for 1/3 of one of the smoked butts.
lineman1234 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome