here you go...
Anderson Valley: Laid back, uncrowded and great pinot noir area.
1. Londer Vineyards (great pinot)
2. Breggo Cellars (great pinot)
3. Toulouse Vineyards (great pinot/syrah)
4. Navarro Vineyards (great wines- excellent dessert wine)
5. Lazy Creek (small- nice folks- very personable tasting)
6. Goldeneye (not cheap, but great)
6. RoedererEstate (sparkling- a must for the lady)
Sonoma (Russian River area) Best pinot noir area in California
1. Benovia (appt. needed- amazing pinot)
2. Dehlinger ( amazing pinot- very small family winery)
3. Dutton Estate (great wines- family owned)
4. Lynmar- great wines, nice place to picnic-
5. Merry Edwards - great wine- strange tasting experience though
6. Littorai- amazing pinot appt. needed- worth it
7. Iron Horse- bubbly for the lady. Outdoor tasting- great views
Nice meal (in the town of Graton):
Casual but excellent: http://willowwoodgraton.com/
They own the Underwood across the street as well; a bit nicer- good bar.
Expensive: Zazu (excellent food)
Price no object- Farmhouse Inn (expensive- great special occasion meal)