Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1985 KLR600
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After my last trip I started hearing a sound while cruising at 45 or higher. Softly rolling between loud and quiet mmmmMMMMmmmmMMMM. It changes between 4th and 5th. Oddly pulses slower in 4th even though higher rpm. No noticeable physical or performance change.

Also at same time it seems to have started well, “almost misfiring” while holding steady speed in town every few strokes, though idles and accelerates fine.

Doohickey? Timing? Fuel? Electrical? Any thoughts before I tear into it? Experience this before?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
klr 650 c
133 Posts
On klr 600 it could also be cam chain as cam chain tensioner is suspect, some people went with aftermarket manual one, search the threads, it is always good to check the doohickey if you dont know whats inside. Link to some info, you could try to check the tensioner it is easiest thing to do first: 85 KLR 600 question!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Check your tires. My knobbies will make weird thrumming sounds at different states of wear and inflation. i.e. off road inflation run on tarmac between stages has the most thrumming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts