Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, here's my problem. I'm moving from Honda to Kawasaki KLR in '09. I plan to buy a new '09, but I here some disturbing things about the dew-hicky, or whatever it's called, and I was sort of hoping Kawasaki had taken care of this problem for '09. What's your gut level on this deal?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Not sure about the 09's, noone has one to take apart and see if the spring has been updated. Yes Kaw did make an 'upgrade' to the doo for 08, but there is still a lot of slop in the fitment and the spring is still highly prone to breakage. Changing the doo out is not a very hard thing to do, if, you have some mechanical abilities about you. There is a lot of info and know how here if you buy an 09 and decide to do the doo. Don't let that stop your from purchasing a great bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DXKLR---
The dealer indicated he would give me the doo if I wanted to change it or he would change it for me, but charge me to do it. It might make me feel better if I went ahead and did it, and then I wouldn't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
He is going to order Eagle Mike's Doo kit? That is the "ONLY" kit to get. If they do change it, I would like to be there to watch them do it. It only takes a little over an hour for most people, maybe a little less for a Dealership mechanic.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
There are too many tech days going on to pay a dealer to do the doo. almost anyone that has done one would be willing to assist you in doing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts